- Perfect for high-fliers
- 60-minute flying lesson
- Fly out of the famous Biggin Hill Airport with a training school established in 1947
- Fabulous views of London and Kent
- £134 per person
Biggin Hill is one of the most renowned airports in the world for learning to fly and boasts a proud heritage as the front line Battle of Britain RAF station during the Second World War. Being just 12 miles south of London, Biggin, on a hill looking over the Kentish Downs, is a superb choice for anyone who wants lessons in the art of flying.
So what can you expect when you take a flying lesson at Biggin Hill? Your instructor will care of the take off and, about 10 minutes into the flight, the lesson proper can begin. You'll be following exercise number three in the pilot syllabus, which is a lesson in flying 'straight and level'. This is the highlight of the flight – you'll never forget the first time you take control.
Whether you just want a taster of what's like to get airborne at an airport that's steeped in history, or are working towards a pilot's licence, lessons at this Biggin Hill school are fun, informative and with great views on London thrown in, too.
- After a welcome and introduction your instructor will talk you through the pre-flight checks
- Once airborne you will have the chance to take the controls and fly the aircraft, a two-seater Cessna 152
- All flight durations are from 'brakes on to brakes off'
- After your flight you will be presented with a First Flight Pilot Certificate
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age 14 years
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1in
• Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
When can I do this?A
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions and availability
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air-traffic delays and weather considerations.
Where can I do this?A
This long-running flying school is located in Biggin Hill, Kent with easy access from the M25. Your flight will offer stunning views across London and Kent.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities.
• Participants of the four-seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions).
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.