- Perfect for motoring enthusiasts
- Test your driving skills on a purpose-built 4x4 course in the beautiful grounds of Eastwell Manor, near Ashford
- Tuition and tips from friendly instructors
- £44.10 per person
Climb into the driving seat of a 4x4 vehicle and get a taste of what off-road driving is all about – with one-to-one tuition, you'll really learn how to conquer those obstacles.
You'll be driving on the 3000-acre Eastwell Manor Estate near Ashford, and will have a chance to test your skills on a range of surfaces, including chalk, clay, sand, mud – and even water crossings. You'll also be able to try your hand at negotiating the steep banks, ruts and slopes of the purpose-built off-road test circuit, which is specifically designed to test your nerve and powers of concentration.
The team, headed up by an ex-military off-road instructor, are all fully qualified and know all the ins and outs of the course, and vehicles include the agile Mitsubishi L200, with switchable 2WD and 4WD gearboxes.
- One-to-one off-road experience
- Demonstration drive from an instructor
- A one-hour weekday session; approximately 40 minutes driving time
What happens on the day?A
Before you go off in a 4x4 around Canterbury, your instructor will take you for a short demo ride, then it's over to you to try and make mincemeat of the off road challenges you'll experience at this fabulous centre.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age is 17
• A full driving licence must be shown on the day
• There are no height or weight restrictions
• The site is exposed and conditions underfoot can be wet and muddy, so appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended
When can I do this?A
• Weekday offer vouchers are available Monday-Friday only throughout the year
Where can I do this?A
• Eastwell Park Estate near Ashford - a stunning country house estate set within 3,000 aces of woodland, fields and lawns.
How long should I allow for this experience?A
This is a one hour session: approximately 40 minutes driving time.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Non participating spectators are welcome to come along however there are no views of the driving area
• 2 guests can ride in the vehicle for a one off fee of £20 payable on the day
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Is there any additional information?A
• There is an indoor guest area with tables and seating and toilet facilities
• Tea and coffee is available to purchase
• You are welcome to bring your own food
• Eastwell Manor offers accommodation, bars and restaurant facilities, the 4x4 centre can often arrange special deals and discounts
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.