- A must for military-vehicle enthusiasts
- Half-day session driving FV432, Abbott SPG and Chieftain tanks near Winchester in Hampshire
- Quad-bike session also included
- Receive a souvenir tank-driving certificate
- £161.10 per person
Your half day starts with registration and a full safety briefing. Over the morning or afternoon session you will drive three heavyweight vehicles and a quad bike ATV on a private estate, so there's plenty of room to mash up the mud with those caterpillar tracks. Many of the instructors at this centre are former serving soldiers, so have first hand experience of these tanks and military vehicles in war zone settings.
You'll drive a 55-ton Chieftain, the seminal British Army main battle tank, the Abbott SPG self-propelled gun and the FV432 APC armoured personnel carrier. Plus, your quad-bike session will be on a robust Honda Fourtrax all-terrain vehicle. Expect the dust and dirt to go flying as you race around the purpose-built quad track.
When you're not driving, you'll have time to take photos videos of these impressive machines from specially built viewing platforms. Your experience ends with the presentation of certificates.
- Full safety briefing
- Tank driving and quad-bike riding
- Certificate of achievement
- The whole experience lasts for around three and a half hours, with a total tank driving time of approximately 30 mins. Quad session is 20 – 30 mins
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 16, minimum height: 5ft
• Participants who are taller than 6ft and/or have a chest size larger than 52in may have difficulty being accommodated in the vehicle
• Warm, comfortable clothing and stout boots are advised
When can I do this?A
• Sessions run on Saturdays from March through to October
• Morning and afternoon sessions are available
• Start times are usually 9am or 1pm
Where can I do this?A
How long should I allow for this experience?A
The whole experience lasts for around three and a half hours with a total tank drive time of approximately 30 mins. Quad session is 20-30 mins.
Can I bring spectators?A
• This tank driving activity in Hampshire welcomes spectators but are charged at £10 per person, with under-10s entering free
• The fee includes a passenger ride on a military vehicle and complimentary tea and coffee
• Spectators are booked in and paid for on the day
• All drivers are offered complimentary refreshments throughout their session
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.