- Perfect for families
- Day-and-night bushcraft course in Lyne, near Chertsey, Surrey
- Sessions are open to all ages; under-4s go free
- Basha shelters, hammocks, campfire cooking and more
- Minimum two people
- £70 per person
Pull off at Junction 11 of the M25, park up, put your bag on your back and within minutes you've left behind the hassles of urban living for a bushcraft adventure weekend designed to get the whole family loving the great outdoors.
After an introduction and quick lesson in knots and lashings from your instructor, your first bushcraft survival mission is setting about constructing a jungle camp. And there’s a busy day of bushcraft activities ahead, such as wilderness navigation, woodland stealth games, matchless firelighting and camp-fire cooking.
Then it's off for a night walk through the woods, an after-dark stealth game or maybe some after-dinner archery – or maybe you'll just prefer toasting endless marshmallows. As night draws in, you'll head to your basha shelter for a great night’s sleep.
After a night between the trees, or in your own tent if you prefer, you’ll relight your fires and cook up a well-earned breakfast. Huevos rancheros (ranchers’ eggs) taste pretty good indoors, but are definitely best served in the fresh morning air with the sun on your face.
And when your family bushcraft weekend is over, you'll leave with that little bit of extra knowledge and skill to make the most of your family camping trips.
- Courses run from 9:00am on Saturday to 9:00am on Sunday
- All food is provided
- The experience is specifically aimed at family groups with little or no bushcraft or camping experience
- You'll learn how to build a jungle camp, how to light a fire without matches, camp-fire cooking and how to play woodland stealth games
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Suitable for children of all ages. Children under 4 are not charged, as their involvement in activities is very much restricted
• A minimum booking of two applies and all groups are to include at least one adult and one child
When can I do this?A
Courses run from 9:00am on Saturday to 9:00am on Sunday.
Where can I do this?A
Lyne, near Chertsey, Surrey.
Can I bring spectators?A
Spectators are not permitted.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What additional information is there?A
You will need to wear suitable outdoor clothing and bring your own sleeping bag, toiletries and water bottle.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.