- Perfect for aviation enthusiasts
- Fixed base 737-800 flight sim in Manchester
- Fully enclosed cockpit & cabin is hyper realistic
- Invite up to 12 guests to sit in the main cabin
- A totally airline/airport themed experience
This Manchester simulator gives you the full flight deck experience - complete with a fully enclosed cockpit and replica aircraft cabin, so up to 12 friends and family can fly with you!
This is your ticket to the virtual skies and you will be the captain for the duration of the experience, with an expert instructor alongside you in the simulator as First Officer for the flight. This Manchester venue may be nowhere near the airport, but there is a definite airline theme, as you 'check in' on arrival and have your photo taken for your special crew pass, with friends and family waiting as passengers would in the departure lounge.
Once you've had a pre-flight chat with the team about how the simulator works and what sort of flight experience you're after, you will all board the plane via the air bridge. This time you get to turn left and head straight onto the flight deck. This is the fascinating world that's now behind locked doors. The first thing you'll notice is that it's small and quite cramped and there are dials, gauges, levers and switches in front of you, along the sides and even on the ceiling! It really is all quite mesmerising.
With all your passengers safely seated, it's time to dim the cabin lights, make your welcome announcement and give details of your flight path. This simulator has some fantastic flight scenery packages available and it's an incredibly realistic experience too, as the images are on all eight windows of the cabin, so all around you. Head out of Manchester, Heathrow or Gatwick airport and it's all systems go for a fabulous flight.
What you want to do on your experience is totally up to you. You can simulate multiple flight take offs, and landings, tackle a tricky landing amidst the mountains of Innsbruck, swoop over the city skylines of Paris and New York, test your mettle with an approach over Kai Tak in Hong Kong, or have fun on a charter to Palma de Mallorca
- 60 minute flight in a fixed base simulator
- Welcome and safety briefing
- Have your photo taken for your crew pass
- Instruction from a friendly and expert first office
- Take control of a state of the art 737-800 flight simulator with a 12 seat replica cabin
- Practice taking off during daytime and night time as well as in various weather conditions
- Make cabin announcements and invite your guests to the cockpit for a flight deck visit whilst airborne
- System failures and emergency landings can be simulated
- Choose from different UK airports to take off from including Manchester, Gatwick and Heathrow
- Choice of different flight paths including Palma De Mallorca, Innsbruck, Kai Tak Airport in Hong Kong and the New York skyline
- There will be a debrief and refreshments at the end
- Receive a pack to take away including a certificate and photo as a memento
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• There is a minimum age requirement of 10 years
• All under 16's must be accompanied by a paying adult
• You must be in good health and not suffer from heart, back or neck problems
• The simulator can induce motion sickness
• You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• You are advised to dress comfortably
• Shoes should not have a heel greater than 2 inches
• Disabled access is possible
Where can I do this?A
The flightdeck centre is around a 30 minute drive from Manchester centre.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Can I bring spectators?A
• One guest is welcome to come along and sit in the 'Jump Seat' behind the captain
• You can bring up to 12 other friends and family who can sit in the airliner cabin and watch the views
• There is a flightdeck camera display and a moving map on which your guests can watch you pilot the aircraft
• Cabin seats have extra legroom and great views from the windows
What additional information is there?A
You will need to take a photo ID with you as you may be required to show this on the day.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.