- Perfect as an introduction to flying lessons
- Fly out of famous Biggin Hill Airport on a 30-minute flying lesson
- Training school established in 1947
- See London and Kent from the air
- £89.10 per person
You'll be surrounded by aviation history when you take flying lessons with a long-established school at the historic Biggin Hill airfield.
Once your instructor has taken care of take-off, and usually about 10 minutes into the flight, the lesson proper can begin. And this isn't just a 'have a go' session at Biggin Hill, you will be following exercise number three in the pilot syllabus, which is a lesson in flying 'straight and level'. This is the highlight of the flight and, as even seasoned flying veterans will tell you, you never forget the first time you take control.
With a wealth of local knowledge and experience, you can also be sure of a warm welcome from the friendly team for these Biggin Hill flying lessons. Whether you just want a taster of what's like to get airborne at this airport that's steeped in history, or are making your first flying steps towards going for the licence, lessons at this Biggin Hill school are fun, informative and with great views over London thrown in.
- 30-minute flying lesson
- Welcome, introduction and pre-flight checks with your instructor
- Once airborne you will have the chance to take the controls and fly the aircraft, a two-seater Cessna 152
- All flight durations are from 'brakes on to brakes off'
- After your flight you will be presented with a First Flight Pilot Certificate
Please note ticket restrictions apply; see FAQs for details.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 14
• Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1in
When can I do this?A
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions and availability
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air-traffic delays and weather considerations
Where can I do this?A
This long-running flying school is located in Biggin Hill, Kent with easy access from the M25. Your flight will offer stunning views across London and Kent.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.