- A ghost tour of York on a 1960's Routemaster bus
- Learn about the sinister side of York's landmarks
- Visit some of the haunted buildings, see Clifford's Tower and Dick Turpin's grave
- An excellent half-term or Halloween experience
- £10 per child, £15 per adult
Ride into the dark side on these ghost tours of York! We all know the landmark buildings in and around York's city centre are steeped in history, but did you know there are also hundreds of ghostly sightings registered in the area? This experience will show you the spookier side to York.
Setting off from just adjacent to York's main train station, your transport for this tour is a Routemaster double-decker bus that was once used for funeral corteges. The first person you'll meet is the creepy conductor and as you're shown aboard, it all gets a little bit eerie. You might not be able to put your finger on what's going on, but we're sure everything will become clear once you head off on your circular tour of this most famous Yorkshire city.
Of course, the bus for these ghost tours in York is completely safe (last time we checked the driver was real live human and not a zombie), but prepare yourself for some on-board surprises as this talented team of actors deliver a comedy horror experience that will have you laughing one minute and jumping out of your seat the next!
What can I expect on the day?A
• A ghost tour of York on a 1960's Routemaster bus
• The creepy conductor will provide commentary for this sightseeing show
• Learn about the sinister side of many of York's most famous landmarks including Clifford's Tower, York Minister and Dick Turpin's grave
• Visit some of the haunted buildings in what is claimed to be one of England's spookiest cities
• Hear about the ghosts that reside within the medieval city walls
• Tours last around 1 hour and 15 minutes
• The bus can hold up to 62 passengers
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Child tickets are available for ages 5-15
• Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Wheelchairs are not permitted on board
When can I do this?A
Tours operate throughout the year
• Daily at 13:30 and 19:30
• Fridays and Saturdays at 21:00
Where can I do this?A
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.