- A 1 hour 15 minute guided tour for two of Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Head beneath the surface and explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults
- See the city in a completely unique and entertaining way
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- £24 for two people
Enjoy a stroll through the picturesque paved streets of Edinburgh’s Old Town, while exploring the murkier side of the city’s long and turbulent history. With this ghostly guided tour, you’ll venture below the ancient alleyways and into the famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults.
Your spookily cloaked guide will regale you with horrifying tales of the city’s past. Once used as storage for shops in the area, the vaults were then taken over and transformed into slums and a red-light district – and now harbour more than a grisly tale or two. You’ll hear tales of torrid conditions, rampant crime, grave robbers and lost spirits, as you’re given a taste of life – and death – in Old Edinburgh.
Above ground, you’ll explore the streets of Old Town, visiting the shadowy and claustrophobic alleys just off the Royal Mile.
What happens on the day?
Your tour will begin at the Victorian Mercat Cross and, after meeting your tour guide, you’ll be led through the streets of Edinburgh’s Old Town on your way to the Royal Mile. Then it’ll be time to go underground. Led by your cloaked host, you’ll explore beneath the famous cobbled streets in the haunted vaults.
A fun and different way to get acquainted with this beautiful ancient city and its long and vibrant past.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age is 18
• Please note that anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to take part in the tour
When can I do this?A
• During the summer months (April to October), the tour runs at 3pm, 5pm and 7pm, seven days a week
• In winter (November to March), it runs at 3pm and 7pm, seven days a week, with the addition of a 5pm tour on Saturdays
Where can I do this?A
The tour starts at the Victorian Mercat Cross and then weaves through Edinburgh’s Old Town on the way to the Royal Mile, before heading underground.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.