- Perfect for aspiring high fliers
- Gliding over picturesque countryside near Alton in Hampshire
- All vouchers for gliding include a one-month membership of the club
- £98.10 per person
This club is perfectly placed for breathtaking gliding over the picturesque Hampshire Downs. Nestled between Basingstoke and Alton, this top-notch gliding club is based at Lasham arerodrome, which was built for the Royal Air Force in 1942 and adopted as a home for gliding in 1950.
The clubhouse has WiFi access, good food and a large briefing room – so whether you're serious about learning to glide, or just want to have a go at flying a glider for a few minutes, this is a top choice.
For all gliding vouchers, one month's membership of the club is included, enabling you to buy additional flights at a discount – this could be the experience to put you on the pathway to obtaining your licence to go gliding solo in the skies.
- Each aerotow provides approximately 15-minutes flight time
- Allow an hour on-site for one aerotow
- There will be a pre-flight briefing for all flights
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 13
• All under-18s require parental consent
• You cannot go gliding if you are under seven stone (45kg) or more than 16 stone 4lb (103.5kg approx)
• If you are over 6'4", you will have difficulty fitting in the glider cockpit
Where can I do this?A
The gliding club is near Alton in Hampshire and is easily accessible from the A31 or M3 (junctions 5 or 6).
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch all the action at this busy airfield
• There is a comfortable clubhouse and bar providing meals and snacks
• Wifi available
• Basic accommodation is available onsite and local B&Bs and hotels can also be recommended
What additional information is there?A
All gliding instructors at this Hampshire venue are British Gliding Association approved.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.