- Perfect for adventurous types
- A high-ropes challenge with a variety of obstacles, including a high-beam log walk 11m above the ground
- Suitable for ages 8 or over
- Minimum of two people – £33 per person
The setting for this half day of adventures in the trees is Ripley Castle in Yorkshire or Castle Green in Cumbria.
With expert instructors accompanying you, you'll start on some of the adventure course’s lower challenges to get you used to being in a harness and attached to ropes. All the safety gear you need is included, and your escapade in the trees is suitable for all ages from eight years old, as long as you are physically fit and have a sense of excitement. Safety is of prime importance and the courses use a double safety rope system so you'll never be left unattached.
Once you’ve got the hang of clambering around the low-level obstacles, you'll move onto higher-level adventure ropes courses to really get the adrenaline pumping. The challenges include a giant ladder rising into the trees, the High Beam log walk 11m above the ground and the thrilling Leap of Faith trapeze swing.
And, after you’ve finished your adventure in the trees, why not visit the lovely Ripley Castle or have a wander around the picturesque town of Kendal?
- Full safety briefing by a qualified technician who will stay with you for the duration of the course – all safety equipment provided
- Undertake various challenges along the course, such as Leap of Faith, High Beam, Jacob's Ladder and Crate Challenge
- Participants will be in a group of up to 12 people
- Allow approximately an hour for groups of 2 – 4, two hours for groups of 5 – 8 and three hours for groups of 9 – 12
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 8, no maximum
• Under-18s do not have to be accompanied by an adult
• Participants should wear loose comfortable clothing to suit the weather
• Flat shoes/trainers should be worn (no open-toed sandals or flip-flops)
When can I do this?A
• Available on most weekends and weekdays
• AM and PM sessions are usually available
Where can I do this?A
Ripley Castle, Yorkshire or Castle Green, Kendal.
Can I bring spectators?A
Spectators are welcome and free of charge.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What additional information is there?A
• A minimum number of two people applies.
• There is a gift shop, tea room and a pub at Ripley Castle; Castle Green is just five minutes from the centre of Kendal
• Guests may visit Ripley Castle for an additional charge
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.