- Perfect for adventurous types
- A high-ropes challenge with a variety of obstacles, including a high-beam log walk 11m above the ground
- Suitable for ages eight and over
- Allow approximately an hour for groups of two – four, two hours for groups of five – eight and three hours for groups of nine – 12
- Minimum of two people, at £33 per person
For an adrenalin-pumping day of adventure – and a real test of your mettle – head for the tree tops at Ripley Castle in Yorkshire and Castle Green in Cumbria for the thrilling high-ropes experience.
On this half-day adventure – which is perfect as a team-building obstacle course for co-workers, friends and family, as groups can be up to 12 strong – you’ll start off on training ropes closer to the ground while you get used to the kit and safety gear, all of which will be provided on the day.
Once you’ve got the hang of things on the lower level, you can head for the tree tops – the double-rope system means that you’re never unattached, ensuring safety.
Try scaling Jacob’s Ladder, or walk the high beam, or edge along ropes 11-metres high in the sky for a truly heart-in-mouth experience! There are loads of low- and high-level challenges to try, which means anyone over the age of eight (and all fitness levels) can have a go.You’ll be given a full safety briefing by a qualified technician, who’ll stay with you during your adventure.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age eight, no maximum
• Under-18s do not have to be accompanied by an adult
• Participants should wear loose, comfortable clothing to suit the weather
• Flat shoes/trainers should be worn (no open-toed sandals or flip-flops)
When can I do this?A
• Available on most weekends and weekdays
• AM and PM sessions are usually available
Where can I do this?A
Ripley Castle, Yorkshire, or Castle Green, Kendal.
Can I bring spectators?A
Spectators are welcome free of charge.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What additional information is there?A
• A minimum number of two people applies
• There is a gift shop, tea room and a pub at Ripley Castle; Castle Green is just five minutes from the centre of Kendal
• Guests may visit Ripley Castle for an additional charge
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.