- Perfect for adventurous drivers
- Control skids in front- and rear-wheel drive cars
- Learn steering and braking skills to keep control
- £105 per person
For some real driving fun, try out the Castle Combe Skid Pan in the Cotswolds.
On arrival, you'll meet the team – most of whom are ex-police fast response driver/trainers or ADI instructors – and listen to a short safety briefing before heading out to the pan.
On your first drive, you'll find out just how easy it is to lose control of the car, then it's a 20-minute classroom session covering all aspects of skid control and back out to the pan for a second go to see how much you've learnt about controlling the car.
The half-day experience also includes tutoring on anti-lock braking systems and cadence braking, both essential factors when on the roads in hazardous conditions. Then, to finish, there's a fun time trial, complete with prizes for the top skid-pan driver!
- Tuition is not 1:1 as others will ride as passengers during skid sessions; drivers take turns behind the wheel
- There is usually a maximum of 12 drivers on the day
- This venue uses front- and rear-wheel drive cars on a low-grip skid pan
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• All participants must be over 17 and hold a full driving licence
• No pets or animals are allowed on site
When can I do this?A
Courses run all year round on weekdays and weekends and operate in nearly all weather conditions.
Where can I do this?A
Castle Combe Circuit is near Chippenham in Wiltshire and within easy reach of the M4.
Can I bring spectators?A
• This skid-control course welcomes spectators who will have a good view of the action, along with access to the on site facilities
• There is a bar and restaurant on site providing hot and cold food and drink as well as toilets and sheltered viewing in poor weather
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.