- Perfect to improve your driving skills
- Oversteer, understeer and emergency braking skills
- Use of a hydraulic cradle means you can experience front, rear and all-wheel skids
- Convenient Essex location just off the M11
- £89.10 per person
This Essex skid pan centre near Epping has been instructing drivers for well over 20 years. Under their expert tuition, you'll have fun but also learn valuable skills that could save lives once you're back out on public roads.
This two-hour course, designed to teach you all about skidding, starts with a short briefing, before you move out onto the pan in a BMW or Ford skid car. You'll share the vehicle with two other drivers, each spending around 40 minutes at the wheel going through a variety of simulated skids and sliding situations.
The idea is that you'll sweep across the pan at all angles and speeds, discovering what makes you skid, how you can avoid it and which way to steer when you feel the car slipping out of control. As these skid specialists will tell you, it's all about recognising the behaviour of the car on the pan and balancing the steering, brakes and throttle in order to regain control.
- This venue uses cars in specially designed cradles to simulate different driving conditions
- You and up to two other drivers will be in the car
- Each driver will get around 40 minutes behind the wheel
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• All participants must be over 17 and hold a full driving licence
• No pets or animals are allowed on site
Where can I do this?A
North Weald Aerodrome near Epping, with easy access from Junctions 6 or 7 on the M11.
When can I do this?A
Courses run all year round on weekdays and weekends and operate in nearly all weather conditions.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Can I bring spectators?A
Spectators are usually welcome but please confirm numbers when booking.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.