- A trip by double kayak along the Thames from Chelsea to Tower Bridge
- See the London Eye, HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge from the river
- Travel with an expert guide, plus you'll have a full briefing in the basics of boat control
- All equipment is provided and no previous kayaking experience is required
- There will be a stop for lunch
Arriving at the Cremorne Riverside Centre on the banks of the Thames at Chelsea, you’ll get kitted out in all the necessary gear before hitting the water in a super-stable double kayak. You don't need to have done any kayaking before – your onboard guide will help you master the basics of boat control so you’ll be up to speed in no time, drifting past some of London's most famous sights before reaching Tower Bridge.
Once you’ve reached the bridge, it's time for some light refreshment, which is included in this experience – lunch and drinks will be served before your return journey to Chelsea.
What happens on the day?A
On arrival at the Cremorne Riverside Centre you’ll be met by a member of staff and given a short briefing before getting kitted out in all of the specialist gear you’ll need for a safe and comfortable journey. Please note your specific tour start time as each one varies and is dependent on the tides. (Latecomers get left behind, so remember to plan ahead!)
You’ll travel from Chelsea to Tower Bridge, dining nearby on warm food and some drinks before heading back again following the Thames’ tidal flows, with the whole experience from arrival to de-kit taking roughly 4 hours.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 18
• Maximum height: 6ft 6in
• Maximum weight: 18 stone
• Participants should be in reasonable health and have a general level of fitness, you must be able to swim a minimum of 10m unaided and fully clothed
• A Waiver of Liability form must be fully completed and handed in on arrival
• No previous kayaking experience is needed
• Please note the double kayak will be shared with another participant on the day
When can I do this?A
This experience is available on selected weekends throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 4 hours for the whole experience (including briefing time, lunch and kitting out).
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.