- Perfect for vintage-aircraft enthusiasts
- Guided tour of a very special aircraft hangar
- Meet the restoration team and ask questions
- Get up close to Spitfires and Hurricanes and sit in a Spitfire cockpit
- £71.10 per person
If you're a fan of this classic aircraft, a Spitfire Tour is a dream come true. This very special VIP Spitfire tour effectively gives you private access to the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar – home to an exciting collection of Spitfires and other vintage planes – as it's not open to the general public.
This place is a true treasure trove for aviation fans and so much more real and interactive than your usual aircraft museum. This is where all the restoration work is done, and where many of the planes are housed after they've been certified airworthy. You'll get so close to these aircraft that you'll be able to catch a whiff of that distinctive smell of leather and oil but, as it is a working environment, you'll be accompanied for your own safety – and also so your host can explain everything there is to know about these majestic machines.
Your VIP tour will then take on an extra dimension as you climb into the Spitfire to sit in the hot seat. Just try and imagine what it was like for many young pilots who were gallantly protecting our skies during the Second World War.
• A VIP tour of the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
• See the current restoration projects in progress up close
• View the airworthy aircraft, usually including Spitfire, Hurricane, Harvard, Cub
• Opportunity to take photographs of the aircraft
• Please allow approximately one hour for this experience
• Purchase the Sit in a Spit and Hangar Tour and you will also have the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a a fully functioning and airworthy Mk9 Spitfire
Please note that ticket restrictions apply, see FAQs for details.