- Once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Sunrise take-off
- 60-minute adventure with Champagne on landing
- Over 100 locations nationwide
- £197.50 for two people
Take off from one of over 100 locations nationwide, and see the sunrise aboard one of Virgin’s red balloons.
As you take to the skies together on your 60-minute morning adventure, you’ll be able to take in spectacular views for miles in all directions, while experiencing the sense of freedom a trip in a hot-air balloon can give you. Make sure you take your camera – there are sure to be some great photo opportunities.
Once you’ve touched back down on terra firma, you’ll toast your landing in style with a glass of Champagne and a certificate signed by your pilot . You’ll then be collected from your landing spot and whisked back to base to conclude your experience.
- Balloon flight for two
- Greeting, registration and pilot briefing
- 60-minute flight in a Virgin balloon (10-16 people)
- Traditional Champagne toast on landing
- Flight certificate
- Retrieval service back to your take-off point
Please note that ticket restrictions apply, see FAQs for details.
What happens on the day?A
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted, registered and briefed by your pilot. If you wish, you can help with the inflation of the balloon before climbing into your basket.
Together, you’ll enjoy a one-hour flight before touching back down and joining in a traditional Champagne toast. You'll then be presented with a flight certificate and collected from your landing spot to be returned to your departure point.
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 7 (under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
• Minimum height: 4ft 6in
• Maximum weight: 18 stone (Anyone who is over 20 stone will be required to pay a supplement, this may also apply to anyone over 18 stone and under 6ft tall) •Passengers must be physically able to climb into the basket using foot holes provided, stand unassisted for 1 hour and adopt the seated landing position
• Those who are pregnant or have recently undergone major surgery are unable to fly
When can I do this?A
This experience is available Monday to Friday, in the morning only, from March to October with some regional variations. Please note that in October, the scheduling starts for the following March. All bookings are subject to suitable weather conditions. Actual flight times vary depending on the time of year.
We recommend you book at least six to eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
How long should I allow for this experience?A
Please allow approximately 3 to 4 hours for the whole experience.
The balloon flight itself will last around 60 minutes depending on weather conditions on the day.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What additional information is there?A
Please note: you will be part of a small group of 10 to 16 passengers.
The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.