Monday 22 May to Friday 26 May 2017
- Stay for four nights, half board, at the privately owned Marsham Court Hotel, with panoramic sea views
- Welcome reception with wine
- Nightly entertainment, live music for dancing, quizzes and games
- Free parking; porter service
- Silver-service three-course dinners with coffee each evening
May is a lovely time to visit the southern coastal town of Bournemouth – the days are starting to warm up, but the crowds of day-trippers have yet to descend.
One of the nicest places to stay has to be the privately owned Marsham Court Hotel. Centrally located at East Cliff, it has fantastic views of sea and is close to the pier, beaches and buzzing town centre.
The bedrooms are all decorated to a high standard, and there is also a comfortable bar and sitting area – and those who like to trip the light fantastic will love the dance floor in the dining room! Bar snacks are available throughout the day, and there are disabled facilities and accessible rooms, along with two lifts (you’re advised to discuss any needs you have with the hotel before booking).
The stay starts with the drinks reception, giving you the chance to meet fellow members. You’ll begin each day with a buffet breakfast, after which you’re free to wander around Bournemouth and the surrounding areas, before returning in the evening for a silver-service three-course dinner with coffee, live music and dancing, quizzes and games. The delicious menu is complemented by a reasonably priced wine list.
This break fills up quickly, so book now to avoid disappointment.
With seven miles of sandy shoreline, it’s no surprise that Bournemouth is one of the nation’s tourist hotspots. The beaches are well maintained and clean, and there are nearly 40 miles of footpaths to explore, as well as gardens and parks and the world-famous pier. There’s no shortage of nightlife, either, with buzzy clubs and pubs, plus you can take your pick of great restaurants.
Bournemouth has all the shops you’d expect to find in a modern town, from high-street chains to designer brands and boutiques. It also plays host to a series of vibrant festivals and exhibitions throughout the year. Visit bournemouth.co.uk to find out more about what’s on while you’re there.
- £236 per person based two sharing
- Single in double room supplement of £15 per room per night
- Sea-view rooms carry a supplement of £15 per room per night
- Sea-view rooms with balcony carry a supplement of £20 per room per night
- £30 non-refundable deposit required to secure booking, balance to be settled on departure