Take in the endless delights of North Yorkshire while staying in a beautiful stone cottage
Just a stone’s throw from Castle Howard, one of Britain’s best-loved stately homes, lies the rural estate village of Coneysthorpe. Nestled here, within one of Yorkshire’s most covetable locations, are three idyllic holiday cottages - named Lime Kiln, Coral and Librarian - in honey stone.
Beautifully appointed, they boast charming exteriors and comfy interiors, blending country-style decor in a palette of muted tones with art and antique pieces from Castle Howard itself. In fact, the cottages are on the doorstep of the palatial 18th-century mansion designed by Sir John Vanbrugh. Easily recognised for its part in the series Brideshead Revisited, its glorious gardens and grounds, replete with temples and monuments, melt into the Howardian Hills, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Walkers will love the area, especially as The Centenary Way passes right through the village, on to the Estate, the Wolds and coastline beyond. Well-behaved dogs are welcome, too. Perfectly suited for exploring North Yorkshire’s varied terrain, visitors enjoy proximity to the East Yorkshire coast - the nearest seaside resorts, including Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay, are around an hour away - as well as countless rural beauty spots, quaint villages and historic market towns. The historic city of York is also close by.
Find out more about Castle Howard and the Estate at castlehoward.co.uk.
You could win a luxury self-catering weekend stay for up to four guests, from Friday to Monday, in one of the cottages - plus a day’s complimentary access to Castle Howard House and Garden.
Terms and conditions
Prize is valid until 20 December 2021. Subject to availability. Excluded are stays at weekends when there is an event taking place at the Estate. Accommodation is offered for up to four guests sharing a cottage on a self-catering basis. Up to two well-behaved dogs can stay too. Includes complimentary access to the House and Garden on one day of your stay.
- The competition is open to Boundless by CSMA Club members over the age of 18, except employees and their immediate families of Boundless by CSMA Club, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion. Entrants must be resident in the UK (including CI and IoM). Boundless by CSMA Club reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Win a weekend break on the Castle Howard estate
- Entries for the competition can be made via the Boundless by CSMA Club website http://www.boundless.co.uk/competitions or by sending a postcard with your full name, address, telephone number and Boundless membership number to: Boundless Magazine, Castle Howard, 21 Station Street, Brighton BN1 4DE.
- One winner will be drawn independently and at random from all entries received via the competitions section of the website and postal entries.
- Entry into the competition can be made via the Boundless by CSMA Club website or via post.
- Closing date for entries is 11:30pm on 31 January. The closing date for postal entries is 3 working days after the above date.
- Only one entry to this prize draw is permitted per person, and if there are multiple prizes, you can only win once. Duplicate entries will not be recognised.
- The prize draw will be made on 3 February and the winners will be contacted by 5 February.
- The winners will be contacted via email and should confirm their name and membership number. If the winner doesn’t have an email address on their account, we will contact them by phone. If we do not receive these details by 8 February then we will chose another winner and you will forfeit your prize.
- No purchase necessary.
- Boundless by CSMA Club will not accept responsibility for entries lost, delayed or damaged in the World Wide Web.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for another of equivalent value.
- No cash alternative will be offered and the prize is non-negotiable, non-extendable and non-transferable. The prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, refunded or re-sold.
- The winner of this prize draw may be required to take part in a photo shoot. Boundless by CSMA Club reserve the right to use these photos and the names of winners in any publicity or marketing collateral including but not limited to the Boundless by CSMA Club Magazine and social media. If the winner does not agree to this then they will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected.
- Details of the winners will be available on request from 29 February by sending an SAE to Castle Howard, Boundless, Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE.
- Your details will be held for the purpose of conducting the prize draws and further marketing communications. Winners’ details may be passed on to sponsoring suppliers/partners only for the purpose of fulfilling prizes. To find out more about how we use your data, visit: https://www.boundless.co.uk/pages/security-and-privacy-notice
- By entering the prize you abide by the Castle Howard terms and conditions: castlehoward.co.uk
- Prize is subject to availability, no transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Boundless by CSMA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter is Boundless by CSMA Club. CSMA Club is a brand of Motoring & Leisure Services Ltd, registered office Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE, registered in England no. 02813598.