1. Our Terms
These are the terms on which we will handle your application to become a member of Boundless by CSMA and on which you become a member of Boundless by CSMA and we supply membership services to you, whether these are goods (for example, a hard copy of our magazine), services (for example, membership offers) or digital content (for example, an online version of our magazine).
Please read these terms carefully before you apply to become a member of Boundless by CSMA. Members of Boundless by CSMA are also members of the limited company, the Civil Service Motoring Association Limited (CSMA) and, accordingly, if we accept you as a member of Boundless by CSMA, you will become a member of CSMA and you will be bound by its Articles of Association, which can be found at https://www.boundless.co.uk/pages/2021-association-agm or provided to you on request.
These terms include all the information you need to know. They cover:
- Who we are
- How to contact us
- How you can join Boundless by CSMA
- How we will provide membership services and offers to you
- How you and we may change or end the contract
- What to do if there is a problem and other important information
2. Who we are
We are Motoring & Leisure Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 02813598 and our registered office is at Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE. Our registered VAT number is GB620966633. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We administer and provide membership services for our parent company, the Civil Service Motoring Association Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 0252734 and whose registered office is also at Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE.
3. Contacting each other
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0800 669944 or by writing to us at email@example.com or Membership Services, Boundless, Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE.
Our telephone lines are open as follows:
Monday to Saturday: 9-5pm
Bank Holidays (exc Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Monday): 9am to 5pm.
Our telephone lines are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Monday.
Calls to Boundless may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
We may contact you by email, post or telephone using the details you have provided to us in regard to your membership account, such as when you join, to inform you about any significant changes to benefits or services or regarding your membership renewal.
4. Eligibility to become a member
When you apply to become a member of Boundless by CSMA, you must confirm that you meet one of the eligibility criteria statements set out below:
- You are currently employed (full or part-time) within the Civil Service1 or public sector2
- You are an ex-employee who has previously worked in the Civil Service or public sector
- You are retired the Civil service or public sector
- You are currently employed (full or part-time) within an organisation that was originally formed within the structure of the Civil Service or public sector. For example, Royal Mail and BT.
- You are a direct family member of an existing Boundless by CSMA member
- You are an employee of an organisation which has previously been approved by Boundless by CSMA
We may contact you to check that you meet one of the above eligibility criteria statements, and we, on behalf of CSMA, may cancel your membership of Boundless by CSMA with immediate effect if you fail to do so.
1The Civil Service provides services directly to people in the UK including:
- Paying benefits and pensions
- Running employment service
- Running prisons
- Issuing driving licences
2Public sector organisations are owned and operated by the government to provide services within the UK. Public sector include public goods and government services such as:
- Local Government
- Public Education (Schools and libraries)
- Emergency Services
- Fire service
- Gas and Oil
- Law enforcement
- Police Services
- Postal Service
- Public Transit
- Social Services
- Waste management
- Elected officials
We may update or amend our eligibility criteria from time to time, so you must ensure that you have read our most recent terms to ensure that you meet or still meet the then current eligibility criteria.
5. Membership contract
When you click to submit to join Boundless by CSMA online, or submit an application at an event, or submit it by post, telephone or email, you are making an offer to become a member of Boundless by CSMA.
Our acceptance of your application to become a member of Boundless by CSMA will take place when we call, write or email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us (acting on behalf of CSMA).
If we are unable to accept your application, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for membership. This might be because, for example, you do not meet one of the eligibility criteria statements.
We will provide you with a membership number for your application and tell you what it is when we accept your application – this will be communicated to you by post and/or email. It will help us if you can provide your membership number whenever you contact us about your membership.
Our website and marketing materials are solely for the promotion of our membership services in the UK.
Your membership subscription fee covers your membership of Boundless by CSMA for a period of 12 months from and including the date we tell you your membership started.
At the point of renewal of your membership, your renewal payment is confirmation of your continued acceptance of these terms (which will vary from time to time).
6. Membership benefits
As a member of Boundless by CSMA, your membership gives you access to a wide range of benefits.
Your membership package includes:
- Copies of the Boundless magazine.
- Full access to the Boundless website.
- Access to local and special interest groups.
- The opportunity to attend events and activities nationwide.
- The opportunity to access a large range of partners offering member discounts and perks on a wide variety of products and services.
- Voting rights at the CSMA Annual General Meeting.
- Access to Kew Gardens & Wakehurst
- Access to Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust sites
- Free membership with Kids Pass
- Free membership with tastecard including Coffee Club
- We may change the benefits that apply to Boundless by CSMA membership - please refer to paragraph 21 (Variation).
Please note, membership benefits may be provided by an external provider (and not us). External providers have absolute discretion in relation to the provision of their benefits/services, and membership of Boundless by CSMA does not guarantee that the external provider will accept an application from you for their provision of services to you.
Services supplied by an external provider will be subject to that provider’s own terms and conditions, and we do not accept any liability for loss or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision of those services.
In certain cases, some external providers will provide us with information of customers claiming a Boundless discount. We will process this information in line with our privacy notice to validate whether the customer is entitled to the member discount. If we are unable to match the information with a valid member, we may contact the individual to request information regarding their membership.
Only current members of Boundless are entitled to receive the benefits and discounts.
To access free membership with Kids Pass you will need to request an activation link from us first. To access free membership with tastecard including Coffee Club you will need to request a redemption code from us. In both cases, if you do not use the information we provide within 30 days to activate your free membership, we reserve the right to cancel these unique codes or numbers.
We will use purchase data both from benefits provided by us as well our external providers for reporting, analysis and auditing purposes and where consent has been given for use in marketing relevant offers and benefits.
We may change our external providers from time to time – please refer to paragraph 21 (Variation).
Motor Legal Expenses – All members who joined before 14 November 2018 are provided with free motor legal expenses as a membership benefit. Whilst you can opt out of this free benefit, each year your membership is renewed you automatically will receive this free benefit again.
If your membership lapses for longer than six months and you had previously been provided with motor legal expenses, you will not be eligible for this benefit. If you renew your membership within six months, you will continue to receive this product.
Any members who have joined on or after 15 November 2018 are not entitled to motor legal expenses as part of their membership.
Your membership of Boundless by CSMA and the benefits of membership are personal to you, unless otherwise specified below.
- Boundless Breaks, properties, events and experience bookings – you, the named member, must be part of the booking party. If any of these benefits of membership are being purchased as a gift then you, the named member, must be the purchaser
- Approved Partner offers – you, the named member, must be the purchaser and participate in the booking/service provided
- The provision of general insurance products (home, travel, motor, motorcycle, caravan or classic car) – the benefit, and therefore principal policy holder, can extend to your partner, sibling, child or parent, so long as they reside at the same address as you, the named member.
- Access to Kew Gardens locations & Wakehurst and Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust sites require you to be part of the booking party. If your membership is not current, you will not be able to gain access to the site.
- Membership of tastecard including Coffee Club or Kids Pass only apply to you as an eligible member and is non-transferable. Membership of these benefits will be withdrawn if your membership status changes.
To be clear, in order for someone else to benefit from your membership, you must have confirmed and paid for membership with Boundless by CSMA.
8. Magazine delivery
We will deliver the Boundless magazine to the address you provided to us when you applied to become a member of Boundless by CSMA.
If you have not provided us with your full address, we will not be able to send you copies of Boundless magazine. You can update your account information and preferences at any time by calling us on 0800 66 99 44 or by logging into our website and updating your account details.
You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect address or have failed to notify us of an address change. We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed envelopes and their contents without an obligation to refund your membership subscription fee if they are returned to us.
9. Servicing your membership
We may contact you from time to time for the following purposes:
- To request feedback on an experience, such as regarding customer service you receive.
- To provide a welcome call to new members in order to provide assistance with setting up your account and checking you have received your welcome pack.
- To inform you of any significant changes to your membership benefits.
- To inform you about your membership status such as when your renewal date is due.
10. Suspension of membership services
We may have to suspend the supply of membership services to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) deal with an unforeseen event (that is, an event that cannot be reasonably be planned for or avoided), such as an act of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or government order, fire, flood or storm, strikes or any other industrial dispute, delay in transit, power failure or postal delay;
- (c) update membership services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- (d) make changes to membership services as notified by us to you (see paragraph 21 (Variation))
We will endeavour to contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending provision of membership services unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the provision of membership services for longer than a month in any 12-month period we will extend the term of your membership so that you do not pay for membership while membership services are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for membership services if we suspend them, or tell you we are going to suspend them, in each case for a period of more than two months, and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for membership services in respect of the period after you end the contract.
11. Your rights to cancel your membership
Your rights when you wish to end the contract will depend on whether there is anything wrong with the membership services provided, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- (a) If our membership services are misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract and to get some or all of your money back – see paragraph 13;
- (b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do – see paragraph 11.2;
- (c) If you have just changed your mind about membership, see paragraph 13. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions; or
- (d) If you decide not to renew your membership subscription, you must inform us a minimum of ten working days prior to your membership renewal date by calling us on 0800 66 99 44, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for the period from the date of cancellation to the end of the then current member subscription period and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told you about an upcoming significant change to the membership services or these terms which you do not agree to (see paragraph 21 (Variation));
- (b) we have told you about an error in the price of the membership subscription fee and you do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of membership services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- (d) we have suspended supply of membership services for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than two months; or
- (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
If you applied for membership online, over the telephone, by post, by exchange of emails, or at an event, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. You have 14 days after the day we email or write to you to confirm we accept your application. If you cancel after we have started to provide membership services, you must pay us for the membership services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
Even if we are not a fault or you don’t have or no longer have the benefit of the cooling-off period provided for in paragraph 13, you may still cancel your membership at any time. The contract will run until the end of your membership period, or immediately if you request this. No refund will be given in either circumstance.
12. If the membership services are misdescribed
If you have any questions or complaints about membership services, please contact us. You can call our customer service team on 0800 66 99 44 or write to us at email@example.com or Membership Services, Boundless, Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE.
To end the contract, please do so following one of the procedures set out in paragraph 13.
We are under a legal duty to supply membership services that are in conformity with the contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
13. How to end the contract
If you would like to end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Phone or email. Call customer services on 0800 66 99 44 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, address and your membership number.
- (b) By post. Print off the form at here and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including your name, address and your membership number.
If you are entitled to a refund, we will refund you by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the membership subscription fee, as described below.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of membership services for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind, then your refund will be made within 14 days of you telling us you have changed your mind.
When the contract comes to an end, you will no longer be a member of Boundless by CSMA or CSMA, and you will not be entitled to any of the benefits of Boundless by CSMA membership.
14. Renewing your membership
We provide your Boundless by CSMA membership on a ‘rolling’ annual basis, which means the contract will automatically renew upon the anniversary of your application if you paid by direct debit or you have set up a continuous card payment.
We will send you a renewal notice in advance of the anniversary of your membership date, informing you of your entitlement to cancel and of any changes to your direct debit or continuous card payment. Any payment arrangements that have been made by direct debit will automatically continue, unless you notify your bank/building society that you wish to cancel it. We may contact you regarding the renewal of your membership through the contact details we have for you, in line with our privacy notice.
On renewal of your membership, you may cancel your membership under paragraphs 11.2 and 11.4.
15. Membership subscription fee and payment
The membership subscription fee (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on our website when you applied to become a member, the price told to you over the phone or in person at a Boundless event, or told to you in the course of email exchanges.
If the rate of VAT changes between your application date and the date you become a member, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid membership subscription fee in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We may change the price of the membership subscription fee at any time. You will be informed of any change to your membership subscription fee within your renewal letter.
If we discover an error in the price of your membership subscription fee, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible. Where the correct price for your membership subscription fee at your application date is less than our stated price at your application date, we will charge the lower amount. If the membership subscription fee’s correct price at your application date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your application. If we accept and process your application where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract and refund you any sums you have paid.
We can accept payment of the membership subscription fee by:
- (a) most accepted credit and debit cards – see paragraph 16; or
- (b) Direct Debit – see paragraph 17.
You must pay the full membership subscription fee when you apply to become a member of Boundless by CSMA and when you renew your membership (after each 12 months of membership).
16. Credit and debit card payments
If you are not using your own credit/debit card to pay the membership subscription fee, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit card holder before entering, or providing us with, the payment details.
When you apply to join or renew your membership of Boundless by CSMA, whether online, by post or verbally, you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit card holder whose card you are using to pay the membership subscription fee.
17. Direct Debit payments
Payment by Direct Debit is the simplest and the most convenient way to pay your membership subscription fee.
If you have an annual direct-debit agreement then payment is automatic through your bank or building society. Your payment date will be your renewal date as shown on your renewal notice or a date shortly thereafter. If you are just setting up your first direct debit, then the first annual payment will be taken from your account within 21 days after it is returned to us.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking the contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the application process.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to membership services we provide to you.
If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
We only supply membership services for domestic and private use. If you use membership services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
Our liability to you in the event of magazines being lost in dispatch shall, at our discretion, be limited to replacement of the missing issues.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of Boundless Magazine, and any other marketing material; however, neither we nor the authors can accept liability for errors and omissions within the magazines or other promotional/marketing material.
These Terms do not and shall not affect your legal rights as a consumer.
19. Data Protection and use of personal data
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Security and Privacy Notice. This tells you, amongst, things, how we collect your personal data; from whom else we obtain it (for example, benefit providers); with whom we share your personal data (for example, our partners); the purposes for which we use your personal data; and, most importantly, your data subject rights.
If you didn’t apply for membership online or you cannot access the online version of our Security and Privacy Notice, please let us know and we will send you a copy.
You are in control of what we do with your personal data. If you have any further questions in relation to data protection and use of personal data they should be sent to email@example.com, addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Boundless, Britannia House, 21 Station Street, Brighton, BN1 4DE or, if you wish to speak to us direct, call 03301 230 278 (lines open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday).
20. Information provided to you (including content on our website - boundless.co.uk.)
We make reasonable efforts to update the information we provide to you, including the content on our website. However, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the information we provide to you or content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
The information we provide to you and content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should seek appropriate independent advice before making any decisions based on information or content we provide to you.
The content of all publications and marketing material are the opinion of the author.
We may change membership services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
We may make changes to these terms or more significant changes to our membership services, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any membership services paid for but not received.
22. Transferring our respective rights and obligations to someone else.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
Other than as provided in paragraph 7 and below, you need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if provided for in paragraph 7 or we agree to this in writing.
If you should pass away while a member of Boundless by CSMA, your spouse or partner will become automatically eligible to continue your membership. If they do wish to take up your membership for the remainder of your current subscription, they will need to contact us to say that they wish to do so and provide us with a copy of the death certificate, either by post or email. They can, of course, choose to cancel but, unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund in such circumstances.
23. No waiver
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking the contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide membership services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
24. Prize draw and competition rules
All prize draws and competitions which are associated with our offers are subject to separate terms and conditions, as written at the time of the prize draw, competition or offer. Prize draws and competitions are not open to employees of Boundless by CSMA.
25. Third parties
The contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither you nor Boundless will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
26. Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your membership of Boundless by CSMA or membership services we provide to you in the English courts. If you live in another jurisdiction you can bring legal proceedings in either the courts of that other jurisdiction or the English courts.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
27. Queries, comments and complaints
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about your membership (including membership services), please call us on 0800 66 99 44.
If you contact us about a complaint, we will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint within five business days of you making your complaint.
We will aim to provide a final response to your complaint within four weeks of receiving your complaint. Where this is not possible, we will write and update you as to the progress of your complaint and provide you with an indication of the timescale involved to produce a final response.
If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you don’t have to go to court to resolve the disputed matter. You can, if you wish, use alternative dispute resolution, which is the process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it.
If you contracted with us online, you may submit your dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings.
28. Our trade marks
“Boundless by CSMA”, “Boundless” are UK registered trade marks of Motoring & Leisure Services Limited. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.