Friday 26th October 2018
Tickets for this event are nearly sold out, book now to avoid disappointment.
- Boundless member exclusive!
- See behind the scenes at Williams Advanced Engineering, including areas that even the team sponsors can't normally access
- Try one of four full-motion F1 simulators in the world
- £179 per person
Boundless, Williams F1 and Williams Advanced Engineering have teamed up to bring Boundless members an exclusive day at Williams F1 HQ. This is a really exciting, bespoke package not available anywhere else.
Founded in 1977 by Frank Williams, the team has earned 16 drivers' and constructors' titles in the last 40 years, as well as setting the fastest ever pit stop time of 1.92 seconds in 2016. Frank stepped down as team boss in 2012, but has remained the majority shareholder and has kept it in the family by appointing his daughter Claire as his replacement. Over the years, it has boasted such idols as Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Keke Rosburg and Alain Prost.
Read on to find out what lies in wait for you at the home of Williams F1...
- Williams Advanced Engineering Workshop/Factory tour — go behind closed doors and see where the magic is made, find first-hand out how F1 innovations have led to life-saving and carbon emission reducing cutting edge technology. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance – our magazine team weren't even allowed in!
- Williams Heritage Museum tour — the largest private collection of F1 cars in the world, including the entire history of Williams from the inaugural FW06 right up to the present day
- 'Track-To-Road' presentation — held by a member of Williams Advanced Engineering staff, find out about how technology in everyday cars has been driven forward by cutting edge developments from the WAE team
- Williams Games Room — a veritable treasure trove of activities, including Playseat simulators, half-car pit stop challenge, a giant Scalextric track incorporating some iconic corners and a full-motion F1 virtual reality simulator, one of only four in the world
- 'Rise of the Machines' presentation — a light-hearted, fast-paced and engaging presentation from Verbal F1, known for their race-day paddock hospitality, the talk covers F1 innovations, the use of 'Big Data', intelligent cars and the importance of brand in decision-making
- Breakfast pastries and buffet lunch included
Please note that we will be putting all attendees into groups of 30 to ensure that everyone gets to fully experience each activity. If you have friends or family who have bought tickets separately to your booking, please email us (click here) to let us know and we'll make sure you're in the same group so you can enjoy the day together.
How can I get there?A
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH, M40
- From the north leave the M40 at Junction 9 signposted Oxford and the A34.
- Follow the A34 southbound and exit at the Botley roundabout signposted A420 towards Swindon.
- Follow along the A420 and at the next roundabout take the first exit signposted A338 towards Grove.
- Continue along the A338 for seven miles (crossing straight over the lights at the junction with the A415) until you reach the Williams roundabout. Williams will now be on your right hand side.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH, M40
- From the south leave the M40 at Junction 8 signposted Oxford and the A40.
- Follow the A40 until you reach the Headington roundabout. • Take the A4142 ring road south following signs for the A34.
- Join the A34 heading south (signposted Newbury) and exit at the Marcham junction.
- From the roundabout follow signs for the A415 signposted to Marcham until you reach the junction with the A338.
- Turn left on to the A338 and follow until you reach the Williams roundabout. • Williams will now be on your right hand side.
DIRECTIONS FROM LONDON, M4
- Take the M4 towards the South West (Wales), leaving the M4 at Junction 13 (A34, Newbury).
- Follow the A34 north towards Oxford and exit at the Didcot / Milton Park / Chilton / Steventon / Harwell slip road (after about 20 mins drive).
- Take the first left at this junction towards Harwell, Wantage and Steventon.
- Turn right at the lights on the hill for Steventon and Abingdon.
- Follow the road until you reach the Hanney Road (on your left) and follow the Hanney Road until you reach the junction with the A338.
- Turn left on to the A338 and follow until you reach the Williams roundabout.
- Williams will now be on your right hand side.
Are there any age restrictions?A
The event is open to ages 12 and over.
I have a friend or family member who wants to come as well...A
Great, bring them along! The only proviso is that the booking has to be made by a Boundless member. If you have friends or family who have already booked, let us know so that we can ensure you are put in the same group.
What time does this event start and end?A
The day will start with breakfast pastries at 10am and end at 4pm just after the final presentation.
How accessible is the site for people with mobility difficulties?A
Williams HQ pride themselves in having a fully accessible, wheelchair friendly site.
I have a dietary requirement/allergies...A
No problem! Please let us know by e-mailing us when you book your tickets and we'll make sure you are catered for with breakfast and lunch.
How and when will I get my tickets?A
Your e-ticket will be e-mailed to you immediately after booking.