LV= car and home telephone lines have reopened for new quotes and sales. They always remained open for claims and existing customers. Lines open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat and Bank Holidays 9am-5pm and Sun 10am-4pm. For Text Phone: first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Need to make a claim? No worries, LV= opening hours remain the same and you can still get in touch in the normal way.
Please only call if it’s urgent and use LV='s online services where possible.
LV=’s car insurance policies are one of Boundless’ most popular public sector and Civil Service discounts.
- Boundless members get an exclusive 8% discount on LV= car insurance general public prices
- Save even more - 5% discount if you have LV= home insurance
- Multi car policy: Insure up to six cars on the same policy and get a discount for each one
(When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually)
Join Boundless for £28 a year to access these great LV= car insurance benefits at a discounted price.
You’ll love LV=’s highly rated car insurance. They’ve been given a 5 Star Rating by Defaqto for being one of the most comprehensive insurance products on the market. Here's some of the benefits of our Civil Service, public sector and NHS discount car insurance:
- Accidental damage to your car, like scratches and dents, is covered as standard
- £10,000 personal accident cover
- Unlimited cover to fix or replace factory fitted phone, audio and sat-nav equipment
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs (when using their recommended repairer service, for as long as you own the vehicle. Labour only, excludes parts)
- A new-for-old car replacement if yours is less than 12 months old and you are the first and only registered keeper
- New locks and keys if your keys are lost or stolen
- £300 cover for your personal belongings in your car, including bags and mobile phones
- Misfuelling cover if you accidentally fill your car with the wrong fuel
- Uninsured driver promise - no loss of no claim discount and no excess to pay as long as you have details of the other vehicle and driver
- Vandalism promise - if your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount, you'll just need to pay your excess
- European car insurance cover - get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year
Save on multi car insurance
Insure more than one car with our discounted LV= car insurance and you could save even more:
- Add up to 6 cars and 12 drivers on one policy
- Add all cars at the same time, schedule some for later or add them in afterwards
- Choose the cover level and specific optional extras you'd like for each car
- All cars will share the same renewal date
LV= also offer Third Party, Fire & Theft car insurance. Simply select the level of cover you require when you get a discount car insurance quote.
Call 0800 756 8449 for a quote or click here to get a quote online
Choose from a great range of optional extras to enhance your car insurance – meaning you only pay for what you need:
With three levels of cover to choose from, add breakdown cover from LV= Britannia Rescue to keep you on the move.
Guaranteed hire car cover
If your car needs repairs or is written off, could you manage without it? A guaranteed hire car will keep you on the road while yours is being repaired by one of LV='s recommended repairers. You can choose from a small hatchback hire car, or pay extra to get a similar sized hire car to your own which could be a car with up to seven seats and have a maximum engine size of 2 litres. You will have use of a hire car for the whole time yours is in the garage, and if your car is stolen or written off, you'll get a car for up to 21 days; or if LV= have paid your claim, for 4 days.
Protect your no claim discount for the life of your policy
If you have four or more years no claim discount, you can protect your no claim discount no matter how many claims you make during the life of your LV= policy.
Increased Personal Accident benefit
Increase your level of cover from £10,000 to £100,000 in case you, your partner or a named driver on the policy are seriously injured while travelling in, or getting in or out of your car.
How do I make a claim on my LV= car insurance?A
To make a claim, call 0800 032 2577 and LV='s claims team will offer you more information on what to do next. Lines are open 24/7. You can also find further information about making a claim via the LV= website.
How can I make changes to my existing car insurance policy?A
Please call LV= on 0800 085 5663. Please be aware that there may be a change to your premium price. Your car insurance policy will be updated and you’ll receive a new Certificate of Insurance.
Who is eligible to save on LV= car insurance from Boundless?A
Any boundless member can save money on their car insurance with LV= The public sector, Civil Service, armed forces and the NHS are just some of the sectors that can benefit.
Do I have to pay an excess towards a third party claim?A
No, you’ll only need to pay an excess towards your own repairs.
If I have a claim for windscreen damage, will it affect my no claim discount?A
No, windscreen claims won’t affect your no claim discount.
How do I get multi car insurance?A
If you want to add up to six cars in one go or schedule some for later, just get a quote online. You'll be able to add or remove cars from your quote as you go through the application. You can set future start dates for the extra cars and LV= will remind you when the insurance for them is due to start. If you already have one or more cars insured with LV= and want to add more cars then call them on 0800 756 8449.
Will the cars be insured on the same policy?A
Yes. The cars need to be registered at the same address. All the cars will share the same renewal date but each no claim discount holder will have their own no claim discount.
Lines open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat and Bank Holidays 9am-5pm and Sun 10am-4pm. For Text Phone: first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Boundless by CSMA acts as an introducer to Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited for General Insurance.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965. Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel: 0330 123 9970.