Make sure your travels are stress free, knowing that if something were to happen you can enjoy your holiday in the knowledge that you’re covered. Our LV= travel insurance discount is open to all Boundless members, and you can save 5% on your travel insurance quote with us. If you have home or car insurance policies, then you can get an extra 10% off. We also offer a further 10% discount for buying your travel insurance online.
Your Travel Insurance Benefits
- 5 Star rated cover by independent financial information business Defaqto
- Boundless members get 5% off LV= public travel insurance prices
- Members with LV= car or home insurance get an extra 10% discount
- Buy your travel insurance online and save 10% more
When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually
Research from YouGov BrandIndex using ‘Recommend’ measure conducted online between January 2018 and December 2018, sample size 26,851, excludes brands tracked for less than 3 months. More information go to LV.com/boundless
From the Cotswolds to a cruise around the world, you’ll love LV=’s top-rated travel insurance. You can choose from two levels of cover, their Essential policy or their Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier policy. Here's some of the benefits:
- Premier travel insurance policy gives you up to £10,000 cancellation cover – peace of mind should you become unwell before you travel
- Choose from an annual multi-trip policy (available for travellers under 80 years old), or a single trip policy (no upper age limit)
- Cover for up to 366 days long holiday available on a single trip policy (90 days if over 64 years of age and 31 days if 80 years of age and over)
- 90 days per trip covered on an annual multi trip Premier policy, or 31 days per trip on Essential
- Cruise cover automatically included on all annual multi-trip travel insurance policies
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- Emergency medical cover up to £10 million (excluding UK cover)
- Travelling with friends or family? LV= lets you insure yourself, your family or a group of up to ten people on one policy
Choose from the following extras to enhance your LV=travel insurance policy:
Baggage, personal belongings and money
If your things get lost or stolen, LV= can cover your luggage, valuables, passport and other possessions (like skis and golf clubs).
Winter sports cover
Cover for personal accident, personal liability and emergency medical expenses while out on the slopes.
Cruise cover is already included on all annual multi-trip LV= Travel Insurance policies, but if you’re taking out single-trip cover, you’ll need to select that you’re going on a cruise so that your policy covers you for this. Their cruise cover includes compensation if a scheduled port stop is cancelled, cover to re-join your cruise after illness and cabin confinement benefit should you become unwell during your trip and have to remain in your cabin.
What’s the difference between Essential and Premier cover?A
LV= offer two levels of travel insurance; Essential and Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier. Both levels of cover can be for single-trip or annual multi-trip policies.
- Up to £5,000 if you need to cancel your trip before you travel, e.g. because of an unexpected illness
- Maximum trip length of 31 days on annual multi trip policies.
- Up to £10,000 if you need to cancel your trip before you travel, e.g. because of an unexpected illness
- Compensation if the transport you're using to reach your destination is delayed.
- Up to £10,000 if you have to cancel your trip because your pre-booked transport is delayed by more than 24 hours
- Up to £1,000 to reach your destination or return home if you miss your pre-booked transport – e.g. if you miss your flight because of a delayed train.
- Maximum trip length of 90 days on annual multi trip policies.
Full details can be found in the Document of Travel Insurance.
Will LV= consider my pre-existing medical conditions?A
LV= is able to provide cover for a number of medical conditions but cover isn't automatic. If you require cover, they must be told about all pre-existing medical conditions for everyone named on the policy. If they're unable to provide cover for anyone's specific condition you'll be shown this online before you take out the policy and the restrictions in cover will be shown under the endorsement sections on your policy schedule.
LV= may charge you for providing cover for pre-existing medical conditions. To remove any confusion at the point of claim, they’ll either be able to provide cover for all of someone’s pre-existing medical conditions or none of them. For this reason it's very important that they're told of all conditions for everyone on the policy. If they're unable to cover a person's pre-existing conditions the premium will reflect that this cover has been removed.
Unfortunately they can't give you a quote if you're waiting to have tests or investigations (or waiting for the results of any tests or investigations) for symptoms unless those symptoms are known to be directly related to an existing and already diagnosed condition.
Can I add baggage cover?A
Yes, baggage, personal belongings and money can all be covered by choosing to add baggage cover to your policy. Your luggage (including skis and golf clubs), personal items, travel money and passport are all covered when you add this cover.
£2,000 with the Essential policy
- total valuables limit £300
- single item limit £300
£3,000 with the Premier policy
- total valuables limit £500
- single item limit £500
£500 for money (on Essential and Premier policies)
- up to £300 cash
Lines are open: Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm and Bank Holidays: 9am-5pm (for Text Phone dial 18001).Calls will be recorded.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965.