From 14 September 2020, LV= has made some important changes to their travel insurance policies to include details about Coronavirus cover for all new and renewing customers.
LV= offer comprehensive cover for Covid - it includes emergency, medical care and medical repatriation for Covid-19, and cancellation if you catch it before travel.
To find out more and to view examples of what is and isn’t covered please visit https://www.lv.com/boundless/travel-insurance/coronavirus/coronavirus-update
Make sure your travels are stress free, knowing that if something were to happen you can enjoy your holiday in the knowledge that you’re covered. Our LV= travel insurance discount is open to all Boundless members, and you can save 5% on your travel insurance quote with us. If you have home or car insurance policies, then you can get an extra 10% off. We also offer a further 10% discount for buying your travel insurance online.
- Boundless members get 5% off LV= public prices
- Members with LV= car or home insurance get an extra 10% discount
- Buy online and save 10% more
(When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually)
From the Cotswolds to a cruise around the world, you’ll love LV=’s top-rated travel insurance. You can choose from two levels of cover, their Essential policy or their Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier policy. Here's some of the benefits:
- Premier policy gives you up to £10,000 cancellation cover – peace of mind should you become unwell before you travel
- Choose from an annual multi-trip policy (available for travellers under 80 years old), or a single trip policy (no upper age limit)
- Cover for up to a 366 days long holiday available on a single trip policy (90 days if 65-79 years of age and up to 31 days for over 80 years of age)
- 90 days per trip covered on an annual multi trip Premier policy, or 31 days per trip on Essential
- Cruise cover automatically included on all annual multi-trip policies
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- Insure yourself, your family or a group of up to ten people on one policy
Unsure which policy is right for you? Here are some examples and comparison of Essentials and Premier policy cover.
|Section of cover||Essential policy max limit per person||Premier policy max limit per person||Excess per claim|
|Maximum trip length on annual multi trip policies (age restrictions apply)||31 days||90 days||£0|
|Cancelling your trip before you travel, eg due to illness||£5,000||£10,000||£90|
|Cancelling excursions or activities while on your trip, eg due to illness||£5,000||£10,000||£90|
|Emergency medical expenses (excluding UK cover||£10 million||£10 million||£90|
|Cancellation/abandonment after delays||x||£10,000||£90|
|Bankruptcy of travel provider||x||£10,000||£0|
Call 0800 202 8179 for a quote or click here to get a quote online
Choose from the following extras to enhance your travel insurance
Baggage, personal belongings and money
If your things get lost or stolen, LV= can cover your luggage, valuables and other possessions (like skis and golf clubs).
Winter sports cover
Cover for personal accident, personal liability and emergency medical expenses while out on the slopes.
Cruise cover is already included on all annual multi-trip LV= Travel Insurance policies, but if you’re taking out single-trip cover, you’ll need to add it on if you’re taking a cruise holiday. Their cruise cover includes compensation if a scheduled port stop is cancelled, cover to re-join your cruise after illness and cabin confinement benefit should you become unwell during your trip and have to remain in your cabin.
Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier policy
To find out more about coronavirus cover please visit https://www.lv.com/boundless/travel-insurance/coronavirus/coronavirus-update
What’s the difference between Essential and Premier cover?A
LV= offer two levels of travel insurance; Essential and Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier. Both levels of cover can be for single-trip or annual multi-trip policies.
- Up to £5,000 if you need to cancel your trip before you travel, e.g. because of an unexpected illness
- Maximum trip length of 31 days on annual multi trip policies
- Up to £10,000 if you need to cancel your trip before you travel, e.g. because of an unexpected illness
- Compensation if the transport you're using to reach your destination is delayed by more than 12 hours
- Up to £10,000 if you have to cancel your trip because your pre-booked transport is delayed by more than 24 hours
- Up to £1,000 to reach your destination or return home if you miss your prebooked transport – e.g. if you miss your flight because of a delayed train
- Maximum trip length of 90 days on annual multi trip policies
Full details can be found in the Document of Travel Insurance.
Will LV= consider my pre-existing medical conditions?A
LV= is able to provide cover for a number of medical conditions but cover isn't automatic. If you require cover, they must be told about all pre-existing medical conditions for everyone named on the policy. If they're unable to provide cover for anyone's specific condition you'll be shown this online before you take out the policy and the restrictions in cover will be shown under the endorsement sections on your policy schedule.
LV= may charge you for providing cover for pre-existing medical conditions. To remove any confusion at the point of claim, they’ll either be able to provide cover for all of someone’s pre-existing medical conditions or none of them. For this reason it's very important that they're told of all conditions for everyone on the policy. If they're unable to cover a person's pre-existing conditions the premium will reflect that this cover has been removed.
Unfortunately they can't give you a quote if you're waiting to have tests or investigations (or waiting for the results of any tests or investigations) for symptoms unless those symptoms are known to be directly related to an existing and already diagnosed condition.
Can I add baggage cover?A
Yes, baggage, personal belongings and money can all be covered by choosing to add baggage cover to your policy. Your luggage (including skis and golf clubs), personal items, travel money and passport are all covered when you add this cover.
£2,000 with the Essential policy
- total valuables limit £300
- single item limit £300
£3,000 with the Premier policy
- total valuables limit £500
- single item limit £500
£500 for money (on Essential and Premier policies)
- up to £300 cash
Lines open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat and Bank Holidays 9am-5pm and Sun 10am-4pm. For Text Phone: first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Boundless by CSMA acts as an introducer to Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited for General Insurance.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965. Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel. 0330 1239970.