LV= Home Insurance

Back to Save more
little house saved by hands from above

Your Benefits

LV= Liverpool Victoria logo Boundless Approved

Your Benefits

  • Boundless members get an exclusive saving on LV= public prices.
  • 10% discount if you buy buildings and contents cover together.
  • Save even more - a further 5% discount if you have LV= car insurance.

Where more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually.

defaqto 2018 5 star     

About LV= Home Insurance

LV= home insurance has been awarded a 5 Star Rating by Defaqto for being one of the most comprehensive insurance products on the market, and offers:

  • £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home
  • Up to £150,000 worth of belongings under your contents cover
  • Access to a 24 hour emergency helpline
  • Repairs by LV= approved suppliers are guaranteed for 12 months
  • Legal advice and identity fraud assistance helplines
  • £25,000 cover just in case you need somewhere else to stay
  • Accidental damage cover for your TV, DVD players, games consoles, tablets and laptops
Find out more

Call 0800 756 8449 for a quote or click here to get a quote online

Optional Extras

Choose from a great range of optional extras to enhance your home insurance – meaning you only pay for what you need:

Home Emergency Cover

In the event of a home emergency, get up to £500 for each problem, such as your boiler breaking down, issues with plumbing or even a pest infestation; available 24/7 to help you get back to normality.

Home Legal Expenses Cover

If matters turn legal, it’s good to know you’re covered for up to £100,000 in legal expenses to help with costs towards home-owner disputes and compensation claims.

Extended Accidental Damage Cover

Extend accidental damage cover for your buildings and/or contents for accidents such as broken ornaments and damage caused by domestic pets.

Personal Belongings Cover when away from home

Add extra cover for personal items such as jewellery, watches and golf clubs while you’re out and about in the UK and Europe, with 60 days worldwide cover too.

Bicycle Cover when away from home

Protect your bicycle against theft or damage while away from home in the UK or Europe (plus up to 60 days worldwide cover).

Your Documents

Document of Home Insurance (PDF 470.52 KB) Download
Home Insurance Policy Summary (PDF 63.08 KB) Download
Home Legal Expenses (PDF 206.59 KB) Download
Policy Charges (PDF 87.33 KB) Download



What is home legal expenses and what does it cover?


Home legal expenses insurance is part of the range of home insurance optional extras and is available to you if you take out buildings and/or contents insurance. Home legal expenses Insurance helps with costs for legal claims and disputes (up to £100,000) to help you and any family members permanently living with you with compensation claims, employment disputes and your legal rights as a home-owner.


What does accidental damage cover?


Accidental damage is any damage caused by an unintentional accident. For example, tripping over and breaking something or dropping and damaging an item of value. You can choose to enhance your level of accidental damage cover for both buildings and contents.


What does my policy excess mean and what are my excesses?


An excess is the amount you must pay as the first part of any claim. Your excess may vary depending on the nature of your claim (for example an escape of water claim may have a different excess to an accidental damage claim). Policy excesses are listed on the home insurance schedule.


How much should I insure my contents for?


To work out the total amount of contents insurance you’ll need, you should add together the value of all your contents including valuables, bicycles and personal possessions. The amount should also reflect how much it would cost to replace all of your items as new. Make sure that the amount you cover is correct so if you need to claim, you’ll be able to replace these items.


What is buildings insurance? How much do I need to insure my buildings for?


Buildings insurance covers loss or damage to the structure of your home including any outbuildings, like garages. This means things like your roof, walls, windows and doors are covered. For buildings insurance LV= offer cover of up to £1million; in most cases it takes away the risk of being under insured.


Can I take out a policy for just buildings or contents insurance?


Yes, you can take out a policy for just buildings or contents insurance.


Will my son’s/daughter’s contents be covered while they’re away at college or university?


LV= contents insurance provides cover of up to £5,000 for loss or damage to contents while temporarily kept in any student accommodation or any building in which you or your family study within the British Isles. Please see the Document of Home Insurance for more information.

Terms and Conditions

Lines are open: Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm and Bank Holidays: 9am-5pm (for Text Phone dial 18001). Telephone calls may be monitored and/or recorded.

LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965. Registered address: County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 2NF.

5 Star rated Home Insurance from LV=

Get a quote

You might also like

You need an account to add to your favorite list You'll need to log in to join this group Please log in to register for the event Please log in to enter this competition Not a member? Join today and save items for later.