It’s the finer details that make a classic car stand out. Chrome trims, leather seats and added soft tops so you can feel the sun on your face while cruising the country lanes. Not only are they beautiful, but they are more delicate than modern cars.
Boundless members get exclusive classic car insurance deals of 8% off with LV=, bringing the open road to you for less!
Log in above, or become a Boundless member to take advantage of this great discount car insurance for classic cars offer!
- Exclusive 8% discount on general public prices
- Plus, 15% discount if you have LV= car or home insurance*
(*When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually)
Classic cars are known for costing a pretty penny to maintain and run, and we’d rather you keep more of your money for just that, so make the most of our classic car insurance offers today!
When is a car considered a ‘classic’ car for insurance purposes?
For LV= Classic Car Insurance, this is what qualifies as a classic car:
- your classic car must be over 20 years old
- your classic car must not be worth over £40,000
- you only use your classic car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, as well as commuting
- the annual mileage must not exceed 5,000 miles
- all drivers need to be named on the policy and aged 30+
- the classic car cannot be the main car in the household
The benefits of classic car insurance
- Agreed value cover. In the event of a total loss, LV= will pay out the value agreed upfront
- Comprehensive cover for extra peace of mind
- £10,000 personal accident cover for you and your spouse /partner and named drivers on your policy
- Personal belongings cover for up to £300
- New locks and keys if your keys are lost or stolen
- Up to 180 days European cover included
- Insure up to 6 classic cars on a single policy
- Uninsured driver promise - if the other driver's not insured there's no excess to pay as long as you have their details
Choose from the following extras to enhance your classic car insurance - meaning you only pay for what you need:
Breakdown cover from £40
With three levels of cover to choose from, add breakdown cover from LV= Britannia Rescue to keep you on the move.
Increased Personal Accident benefit
Increase your level of cover from £10,000 to £100,000 in case you and your spouse/ partner and any named drivers on your policy are seriously injured while travelling in, or getting in or out of, your classic car.
Join Boundless today to claim this and many more discount and offers on travel, motoring and many more well known brands!Join Boundless
Will LV= cover my classic car?A
In order to take out an LV= classic car policy:
- your classic car must be over 20 years old.
- your classic car must not be worth over £40,000.
- you only use your classic car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, as well as commuting.
- the annual mileage must not exceed 5,000 miles.
- all drivers need to be named on the policy and aged 30+.
- the classic car cannot be the main car in the household.
Do Boundless offer any other services for Classic cars?A
Yes! We have a dedicated Classic vehicle group just to bring together owners of Classic cars. They take part in events and social drives across the country.
Is my partner covered for personal accident too?A
Yes, both you and your spouse/partner and any other named drivers are covered for up to £10,000 as part of this Classic car insurance policy.
Is Vintage car insurance the same as classic car insurance?A
As long as your car falls within the classic car insurance criteria at the top of this page, your car is eligible for cover, even if you prefer to call it vintage.
Request a quote for classic car insurance online or speak to someone from LV= directly about your discount car insurance policy options.
Lines are open: Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm and Bank Holidays: 9am-5pm (for Text Phone dial 18001). Calls will be recorded.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965.