- Perfect for flying enthusiasts
- One flight as pilot and one as passenger
- Vouchers for one or two people available
- Your chance to taxi the aeroplane out
- Complimentary post-flight pub drink
This in-depth flight experience will show you just what it's like to pilot a light aircraft.
All flight experiences last around two hours, during which time you'll follow exactly the same process as someone starting out in the journey to become a fully qualified pilot. If you decide to carry on and become qualified, this session will count in your pilot's log book.
Your instructor will make sure you are in control for as much of the flight as possible and, unique to this school, you'll taxi the aircraft out yourself and take the plane onto the active runway ready for take-off. If you're confident, the only parts of this flight your instructor will handle are the take-off and landing sequences – you'll even be able to set up the approach to the runway prior to coming in to land.
Based on two people sharing, you'll spend 30 minutes up front in the hot seat honing your skills and, when you're not flying, you'll be a passenger observing all that's going on from the rear seats of this four-seater training aircraft. Finally, you can celebrate your flight with a complimentary drink at The Oak public house at the entrance to the airfield, thought to be the unofficial officer's mess when the airfield was an RAF fighter station in the Second World War.
- Two-hour flight experience
- 20-30 minute pre-flight briefing
- 30 minutes of hands-on control and 30 minutes of observation time in the rear of the aircraft
- Post-flight briefing and personalised flight certificate
- Complimentary drink at The Oak next door to the airport entrance
- There will be two participants in the aircraft
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age is 14
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a paying adult on the airfield
• 2 forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3 inches
Where can I do this?A
Coventry Airport, West Midlands.
When can I do this?A
• Available throughout the year, subject to weather conditions
• This experience requires two voucher holders per flight. If you choose the voucher for one, availability will be subject to a second voucher holder attending
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.