- Perfect for aspiring pilots
- Join the big planes at Glasgow Airport
- 30-minute flight over scenic countryside
- £115 per person
Flying out of Glasgow International Airport, your lesson will see you using the same runway as large commercial airliners – this is a flight with the wow factor.
On the ground, you'll see the jets all lined up on stand at three piers with passengers boarding ready to jet off to destinations all over the world. Just taxiing from the flying club's base on the north side of the airport to the runway is a fascinating voyage into the airside world of a busy international airport.
The views are just as enticing from the air. Your flight path will depend on weather and air-traffic control, but you might head in a westerly direction and fly over the likes of Dunoon or Rothesay. Or perhaps it'll be an aerial fly-past of beautiful Loch Lomond. Of course, it isn't just about the great views, this is a proper trial lesson, so you will be having a go at the controls, learning to turn, climb and bank your plane.
- A flying lesson in a two- or four-seater aircraft
- Safety briefing and familiarisation with the aircraft – once airborne, you will be able to handle the controls
- Your flight route will be explained as your instructor completes final flight checks before take-off
- Learn how to turn, climb and bank the aircraft
- Flight times quoted are chock to chock
- Flight time can be counted towards a Private Pilot's Licence (PPL)
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age: 14 years
• Maximum weight: 14 stone
• Maximum height: 6ft 1in
• Under-18s must be accompanied by a paying adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
When can I do this?A
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions and availability
• Although time slots are allocated, please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time, we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air-traffic delays and weather considerations
Where can I do this?A
Glasgow International Airport.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants in the four-seater experience are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.