- Perfect introduction to flying
- Lessons at Bristol International Airport
- An aeroclub owned by pilots for pilots
- Club first established in 1927
- Lunch included
- £89.10 per person
Take your flying lesson with Bristol & Wessex Aeroplane Club and you'll be taxiing to the runway at the Bristol International Airport! There's something quite exciting about getting airborne in a small aircraft at a proper commercial airport – it's all about the aerial activity, a busy air traffic control and you in among those Boeings and Airbuses departing for foreign shores!
During your lesson, you will be flying out of a small, friendly aeroplane club that is based at Bristol Flying School on the Biz Jet apron of Bristol Airport. This Aeroplane Club has been in existence since 1927 and prides itself on its club atmosphere (it's owned by pilots for pilots), with lots of social events and fly-outs as well as the consistent high standards of flight-lesson tuition on offer, too.
As well as the bustling atmosphere, what we love about this flying club is the fact that every lesson is tailored to you. So if you live in Bristol, there's every chance the flight path you take will be able to include cruising over you house or workplace for that extra little special touch to your experience. Similarly, if you've always dreamed of flying a plane, the lesson will be orientated to be more hands on to maximise your learning time in the cockpit.
Flying lessons Bristol is the perfect choice of those wanting a fun flight in a light aircraft. Friends and family are more than welcome to share your excitement by accompanying you to the school, where you can all relax at The Flight Lounge restaurant and licensed bar and enjoy superb views across the runway or, for a small surcharge, a guest can be welcomed to join the flight as a rear seat passenger.
- Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your pilot
- The flight will be in a single-engined aircraft;a Cessna 172, Grumman AA5 or a Piper PA28
- Learn about the controls and what you should expect on the flight
- Between take off and landing you will take the controls
- Flight times quoted are chock to chock
- Excellent views of the area
- A one-course lunch from the menu of the day
- The lesson will count toward experience for a private pilot's licence
Who is the experience suitable for?A
• Minimum age 14
• All under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
• Special arrangements are possible for those over 6ft tall or 16 stone in weight
When can I do this?A
Seven days a week, subject to availability and weather conditions.
Where can I do this?A
Bristol International Airport.
Can I bring spectators?A
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• On site there is a restaurant and a licensed bar with an outside patio area serving hot and cold food
• For a small surcharge' a spectator can enjoy a back-seat flight at the pilot's discretion on the day
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.