- Available at locations across the UK
- Fleet of 4x4s, including Defender and Discovery
- Experience ditches, ruts, mounds and mud
- £59 per person
Experience the thrill of driving a powerful vehicle across some of the roughest, toughest, muddiest terrains in the country! You’ll be tackling mud, gravel, steep ascents and descents and streams on this thrilling Boundless experience.
And it doesn't matter if you've never driven an off-road vehicle before, as sessions are geared (excuse the pun!) to your driving ability.
We've got a host of locations all over the country just ready and waiting for you to rock up, jump in a vehicle and take it for a spin.
During your tuition, you’ll learn all about the main principles of off-road driving and experience situations such as slopes, ditches, ruts, mounds – and lots of mud. You will also be taught how to tackle steep hill climbs, recover from failed hill climbs and make safe descents.
The experience starts with a safety briefing, and then it’s time to take the wheel as you start off on a training ground, designed to give you an insight into some of the basic off-road skills: crossing ditches, traversing side slopes, accelerating through mud and water and tackling 40 degree downhill slopes! Then it’s onto the white-knuckle stuff, like water and mud up to the bonnet as you drive through twisting, narrow terrain. By the end of your experience, no matter which UK off-roading centre you choose, you will be amazed to see that you've covered ground you'd never have dreamt of attempting before.
What's included in this experience?
Shared 4x4 experiences
• Maximum instruction ratio is three to one, with the driving time shared
• Taster sessions last around an hour, with 20 minutes at the wheel
• When not driving you'll ride as a passenger
• Vehicles used include the the Land Rover 110 and the Land Rover Discovery, however exact vehicles cannot be guaranteed
What's included in this experience?A
Shared 4x4 Experiences
• Maximum instruction ratio is 3:1 with the driving time shared
• Taster sessions last around 1 hour with 20 minutes at the wheel
• Half Days last around 3 hours with 1 hour at the wheel
• When not driving you'll ride as a passenger in the vehicle
• Vehicles used include the the Land Rover 110 and the Land Rover Discovery however exact vehicles cannot be guaranteed
Exclusive 4x4 Experiences
• Private session experiencing an introduction to off road driving
• Choose from a one or two hour session
• Bring along up to two spectators that can travel in the vehicle with you
Who is the experience suitable for?A
A Full UK driving licence is required, please wear outdoor clothing and sensible footwear.
When can I do this?A
• Weekends with some weekday availability at selected venues
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
Where can I do this?A
• Andover, Hampshire
• Moreton in Marsh, Cotswolds
• Durham, Northeast
• Ferrybridge, West Yorkshire
• Greetham, Rutland
• Pencaitland, Edinburgh
• Northolt, West London (Sundays not available)
• Swansea Valley, South Wales
• Wrexham, North Wales
Can I bring spectators?A
Due to the off-road nature of the activity, spectators are not allowed on the shared sessions.
How does this work?A
All you have to do is pay for the experience and we’ll send a voucher through the post, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
What about insurance?A
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.