Britannia House, Brighton
Working hours: 34.5 hours / Monday to Friday
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Administrator. To assist with the administration for Health and Safety, Facilities and Member Communities and their activities. This role will be split to work between the 2 teams.
Health, Safety and Facilities
General Administrative tasks
Data collection and tracker management such as:
- SECR/carbon footprint energy consumption information
- Caterers’ due diligence information
- Contractor service reports
- First aid training
Review and updating contractor’s management system
Administration of planned preventative maintenance programme
Conducting basic planned maintenance checks such as:
- Fire extinguisher checks
- First Aid box checks
Reception duties such as:
- Open / close
- Providing a polite and cheerful atmosphere
- Clean and tidy reception area as required
Designated Fire Warden/Designated First Aider
- Processing of all Event Notifications and applying to the website Content Management System and internal records.
- Assisting in the administration of department finance
- Receiving groups attendance figures and ‘Keeping in Touch’ data requests.
- Administration support to the Member Communities team as required, including the collation and processing of groups communications and newsletters.
- Administration support to the Member Events team as required, including the fulfillment of event tickets and additional tasks specific to individual events.
- Acting as the principle point of contact for volunteer’s incoming calls and post and dealing with general enquiries.
- Management of volunteer committees and departmental meeting facilities and bookings.
- Administration support to specific department initiatives and the association AGM (including the counting and collation of AGM Voting)
- Assistance in the management of external events equipment for Local Groups and Interest Groups as required
You will have
- Strong administration skills in using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- A personable nature with strong communication skills (phone, email and in person)
- The ability to conduct work activities without being supervised
- Good time management
- Excellent teamwork
- Strong communication skills
Our Boundless values are important to us and shape the way we work. Read more about them on our main jobs page.
What we offer in return
Brighton is a great place to work, and our office is located in the very heart of this vibrant city, just a two-minute walk from the main station. We have brilliant and talented people working with us and joining Boundless is an opportunity to become part of a growing and ambitious team that takes pride in putting its people and members first. We care about our environment and work hard to create an attractive and rewarding place for our people to work in.
We provide a generous employee benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Twenty four days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution up to 10 per cent
- Life insurance (4 x pensionable salary)
- Boundless membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development opportunities
- Bike2work and Home Tech schemes
- Meet & Eat (there is such a thing as a free lunch!) once a month*
- Plenty of socials (beach cleans, charity fundraising and more)*
*COVID-19 has put a hold on these for now but they will return when it is safe for us to do so.
Boundless is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you require any support or need to discuss reasonable adjustments, please contact us at PeopleAndCulture@boundless.co.uk or you may call us at 01273 744772.